The ATPC launched a member-driven statewide economic development initiative in December, designed to bolster Georgia’s economy and secure the industry’s leadership in the global FinTech sector. This collaborative campaign is intended to grow Georgia’s workforce, resources and reputation in an increasingly competitive industry.
The program will tangibly demonstrate the industry’s commitment to enhancing the burgeoning FinTech marketplace within Georgia, and challenging other local industries to do the same. Program goals include:
- Demonstrate a commitment to Georgia’s economy, people and reputation
- Invest necessary time, talent and finances to make Georgia a global FinTech destination
- Advocate for a Congressionally designated FinTech Center of Excellence
- Launch an annual FinTech job fair and participate in partner efforts to recruit talent to the
- Fund and fill up to 100 internships annually from Georgia colleges, universities and technical
- Hold three workforce and economic development forums around Georgia
- Secure commitments from Georgia elected and economic development leaders to protect and
grow the FinTech industry and support realization of ReUp Georgia commitments
The campaign launched with two primary initiatives, one member-driven, and the other led by ATPC staff to secure critical support from the state of Georgia.