The ATPC kicked off its third-annual Future Leaders program in June of 2022 with a meeting in Chicago.
Future Leaders identifies and educates rising professionals primed to lead the payments processing industry across technological, institutional, business development and workforce portfolios. This half-year program is comprised of multiple networking and educational activities designed to enhance the future success of ATPC member and sponsor company rising professionals. Future Leaders expands industry knowledge, creates onramps to government and regulatory engagement, and develops personal leadership skills for participants.
Twelve participants were selected for the program representing a breadth of roles and companies. Unfortunately, three class members subsequently dropped out of the program due to leaving their organizations in this competitive employee marketplace. Current class members include:
• Bo Brown, Senior Practice Leader, Payments Management at NCR
• David Gauer, Software Engineering Manager at NCR
• Nick Hanson, Product Operations Manager, Contracts and Pricing, Banking Organization at Fiserv, Inc.
• Joe Helmy, Director, Emerging Verticals at Mastercard
• Kortney Miller, Data Analytics Manager, Payments at Deluxe Corporation
• Pratima Neti, Director, Merchant & Product Partnerships, Global Merchant and Network Services at American Express
• Jaclene Pettigrew, Product Manager at Elavon
• Jennifer Reid, Head of NAR Supply Chain at Ingenico Group US
• Joel Rivera, Director, Operations at Fiserv, Inc.
The 2022 Future Leaders program includes a new wrinkle recommended by program alumni; all four classes will take place across two days. And they will feature a reception or team dinner. The course topics and meeting dates take place as follows:
• June 6-7, Payments 101 (Chicago)
• Aug 16-17, Leadership 101 (Atlanta)
• Sept 20-21, Federal Government Relations 101 and ATPC Fly-In (Washington)
• Dec 13-14, Mentoring and Graduation (Miami)
The kickoff class in Chicago included the following topics and speakers:
• Four-Party Payments System: Jamie Walker, CEO at Elavon; and Adam Brault, SVP, Financial Services at InComm
• Participant Introductions: Your Place in the Ecosystem (a group discussion)
• Threats to the Industry: Digital Transformation and Regulatory Landscape: Rob Morris, SVP, Business Development, Fiserv; and David Schneider, President of PULSE at Discover
• ATPC Q2 Board of Directors Reception at Smith and Wollensky
• Day One Debrief and 2022 Program group discussion
• Future of Payments, Financial Inclusion and Cryptocurrency: Andrea Blinkhorn, Director Americas Public Policy at FIS; and Jaime Yeager, VP of Business Development at InComm
• Special Issues, Macro Acceptance Trends: Joel Henckel, SVP, US Market Acceptance at Mastercard
• Future Leader Speed Networking
• Group Reflections: Future Leader discussion